These silicon mask inserts are great for those who want a little more space between your face and mask. I can poke my tongue out and not touch the insert in middle.
The inserts sit against your face, it attaches by putting the elastic through the ends which keeps it in place. They are washable and to sanitize you can boil them in hot water for 3 mins. Wait till cooled before using.
I'm a little on the fence with these but need to do some more testing, however, I'll give you some of my good and not so good points for them
- Keeps you from eating masks (especially pleated)
- adds extra space, so not so claustrophobic
- easily washable
- easy to attach
- no lipstick on the mask inside
- works well with thinner or less layered and single-use masks
- works well with most masks but takes a bit of fiddling to get sealed edges
- They fit better than the ones that just clip onto the inside pleats as the ear elastic goes through them keeping them in place.
- useable with most masks, work well with the blue or white pleated single-use masks if you have to use them for work and can't use reusable.
Not so good points
- tendency to fog glasses slightly more, but if no glasses then you're fine.
- the feeling of silicone on the face, but like wearing a mask you get used to it.
- not as quick to put on and off, but if not in a hurry or with practice you're ok
- Don't work/ fit as well with our wider beard masks
Available in 3 colours, limited stock, green, blue and white
3D Silicon mask inserts
Masks should be tight-fitting, no gaps anywhere to be effective, nothing gets in or out except your breath.
Our masks should not fog your glasses if fitted correctly.
Some may feel a little hot when you first wear our pleated masks this is normal for some, they are thicker than the single-use or the 2 layer fitted masks you can buy elsewhere. Our pleated masks are 3 layers of cotton as well as a removable filter.
We have followed the guidelines and recommendations of the W.H.O for the best protection without it being a medical mask (that should be left for medical professionals).
However, if you are finding them too hot you may find it easier to remove the filter (as you still have 3 layers of protection which is a minimum they recommend)
The single-use polymer medical pleated masks are made of 3 layers of very thin plastic, which afterward will turn into microplastics,
So it's very hard to replicate that in a natural fiber that is protective without adding layers. The other reason for the 3 layers is so the virus can not get through the tiny holes in the woven fabric. The filter is added best protection as it's a non-woven fabric
Single or 2 layers, stretchy material, or the wrong type of material will allow the virus to get through. The question to ask is what is the purpose of the mask, protection, or fashion?
Most people become used to our masks and they become unnoticeable and more natural the more you wear them.
We have people wearing these for 8+ hours a day with no problems